If you're like me, and I know I am...

Monday, July 12, 2004

The Big Rub

I got a massage last week. First one ever. I was afraid that I would get a boner but that didn't happen. Then I was kind of disappointed. The days of the magic wand are long gone. Good bye surprisingly exciting school bus rides and trips down high school halls with a gym bag in front of it.

The massage itself rocked. I like being rubbed down good, but I can see this escalating because I already wish I could have gotten it a bit harder on my feet and calves which are kind of dead and lumpy feeling. They need to be deep tissue rubbed in order for me to get the benefit.

When I stood up, it felt like I was drunk. It was awesome and I was mellow for hours afterwards.

I never realized how hard it is to actually relax. Just let go. But it is.

I think I'll ask for whale song or Tom Waits next time.

No comments: