If you're like me, and I know I am...

Friday, December 22, 2006

Gee willickers, I sure hope I don't die in the next flu pandemic!



According to a CNN story, as many as
81 million people could die in the next
flu pandemic ... whenever that is. That
sure is a hell of a lot of people. The numbers
are based on the last flu pandemic which
occurred during World War I. Most people
aren't aware that 40 million people died
of influenza between 1918 and 1923 because
it was rather overshadowed by the war.

Dying of the flu has got to be one of the
shittiest ways to die I can think of. Sure, in
a fire or gut shot would hurt worse, but I'm
a massive pussy when I get the flu. All that
shitting and puking and sweating and aches
and fever. Ugh.

And yet, I still haven't gotten my flu shot
this year. Can you believe that? I came into
constant contact with the flu two years ago
without immunization and subconsciously
I feel like I am too tough for that kind of
thing. Of course, intellectually, I know I
need it. I shouldn't be messing around.

So if the pandemic ever comes, I'm sure I'll
be one of the first to go, but I assure you,
I will be taking "the cowards way out."

No comments: