If you're like me, and I know I am...

Sunday, November 06, 2005

McRib is back, bitch!

I hate McDonald's on philosophical grounds. I know they've
got something in their food most people wouldn't eat if they
knew those ingredients were there in the first place. They
make it so you can taste a 1/10 of a pound beef patty
underneath all that bun, ketchup, mustard, pickle and
rehydrated onion. Something is rotten in Denmark.

But I nearly wet 'em the other day when I was driving
down the street. I saw the sign (and it opened up my eyes):

McRib is back!

I nearly careened into oncoming traffic. For as much as I
despise corporatism, greed, bad food, I cannot deny that
the McRib is a helluva good sammich. As far as a cultural
event, it is right up there with St. Patty's Day, Guy Faulkes
Day and the Second Coming.

That might be overstating things a bit ... unless you're Jewish.
Then you would have no problem comparing the McRib to Jesus.
For any number of reasons.

No comments: