If you're like me, and I know I am...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

War of the What the Fucks?!

I was talking about the new War of the Worlds movie
with a few people at work tonight. Several of them ...
SEVERAL, mind you ... threw their hands over their
ears and said "Don't tell me how it ends!"

Considering that this movie is based on a famous movie
that came out in the 50s and an infamous radio play
that aired in the 30s and a classic story by HG Wells
in 1898, I figure the average person should FREAKIN'
KNOW that the aliens in war of he world die at the end
of the movie!

Why the fuck is this a big secret to ANYONE? I'm not
the most literate guy in the world. It's not like I've
read everything under the sun. In fact, I'VE never
read the story or listened to the radio broadcast OR
sat through the entire 50s flick, but somehow SOMEHOW
I know that the aliens die at the end of War of the
Worlds.

HOW IS THAT?

I dunno, man, maybe there is something about being
alive and paying attention to the trivia around us
that pays off in tiny ways. I've caught the ending to
many movies so I probably caught that one.

Here are some other spoilers in case anyone makes
movies from these stories:

In the Bible, Jesus dies, but then he comes back.
In Hamlet, everyone dies at the end.
In the Devil and Daniel Webster, Webster outsmarts the
Devil.
In Humpty Dumpty, all the king's horses and all the
king's men could NOT put Humpty together again. I
repeat they could NOT do it.
In Sleeping Beauty, the prince kisses her and she
wakes up.
In Curious George, the monkey goes to live with the
man in the yellow hat.
In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willie Wonka
actually GIVES Charlie the factory!

Hope I didn't ruin anything.

No comments: