If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Boom boom boom what happened to my room?

They blew up The Towers at ISU today. I have to say it was about time.
Back in 1988, when the towers were only about 15 years old, they were
already in pretty shitty condition. There were long red rust stains running
down the side of the building. My step-father is a contractor, he said that
was a pretty sure sign that the rebar used to reinforce the concrete was weak.
Considering that chunks of concrete often fell from the building, I think he
was right. I mean, the guys a fucking mason for Christ's sake.

Nothing in the modern era is built to last. Everything looks like shit and even
the stall doors in most men's rooms I've been in don't fit. It's disgusting.

But back to the Towers. I suppose it would only be fitting for me to say something
about the good times I once had in the Towers. But basically I just got wasted there
a few times.

No comments: