If you're like me, and I know I am...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Real People

Americans aren't even real people to me man. Real people
would take a fresh slice of tomato and mozzarella drizzled in
olive oil over a MacDonald's cheeseburger any day. I brought
fresh tomatoes from my dad's garden to work today. The taste is
amazing, but of course there are a few blemishes. It's a trade off.
That shit they sell in the stores looks good but tastes like
cardboard. Real people would relish the opportunity to wash
off a nice fresh veg with its flavor and vitamin content intact, but
not Americans. If it ain't shrink-wrapped and expunged of any
and all connections to nature, dosed with preservative, sodium
and high-frustose corn syrup, most Americans won't touch it.

Most real people would be ashamed to live as wastefully as
Americans do.

Real people would fight for their rights as workers and take
advantage of every chance to vote.

Real people wouldn't shit on education and the educated.

Real people would spend more time with their kids than they do
watching TV.

Reeal people would be ashamed of how stupid and ignorant they
are.

No comments: