If you're like me, and I know I am...

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Good and Bad Times

My man Mark Schonberg is in town this weekend. He's back from South Korea to do some training in Kansas just 2 hours away from me. That's cool. I won't be bothering him every weekend, but I plan to be down in his neck of the woods once or twice over the next year. It's not easy for me to not have many of my old friends around. The one's who are around have lives, kids, shit to fix up around the house or much better friends than me to hang out with.

And when my friends do come around, it just isn't the same as it ever was. That's to be expected. I'm not a fucking moron. I don't even WANT things to be the way they were back in 86 or 91 or whatever. I just want the times to be good. That's not too much to ask I think.

Some of my friends do act like they expect the old days though. They expect me to crank the 80s tunes or drink like a fish or play games I don't want to play any more because I played them 20 years back. I'm not into a lot of that shit any more. I may not be rolling in duckets or have five kids, but I do use my brain for more than a hatrack. I keep up with events; I read; I watch good movies; I fucking write; I keep company with a younger, hipper crowd that hasn't lost their will to give a shit and it keeps me young in a good way.

And there are some very bad ways to stay young too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny that we all evolve? But home come you are still in Kansas!? Even Dorothy left there...