If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Time for Japes and Jests




This friend of mine works at Offutt Air Force Base.
I decided that since it is Halloween, I'd play a little
joke on him. I put this peace magnet on his car.
The one on the far right above, you know, the gayest
looking one in the bunch.

It's funny for two reasons. First is he hates car magnets.
I do too, but mostly because they are usually worn
like Nazi armbands to show conformity. They tend to
be pretty jingoistic.

Second is that he's an Army hump and even if he did
feel all rainbow peace sign inside, he'd never show it at
work in the officer's parking lot. So I'm hoping the other
buzz cuts will see it and give him a hard time before he
even knows it's there.

I myself got the one on the left above with the flag design.
I like that. Shows that I am a patriot and that I believe loving
peace AND ones country aren't opposing positions.

I suppose if there is a secret third reason out there somewhere,
it's that my buddy never reads my blog and many of my other
friends do. This means we will all be in on the joke while he could
have figured this out first thing if he read this. Serves him
right for now frequenting Bloggie Sue.

No comments: