If you're like me, and I know I am...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lucas prepares to screw up "Clone Wars," too



Apparently, the Emmy winning Cartoon Network series
"Clone Wars" wasn't as good as a new animated series
Lucas is working on which will have 3D computer
animated graphics. WOO-HOO! Excuse me, I mean
WHO CARES? Lucas doesn't get it. Special effects don't
make science fiction great, stories do.

Cartoon Network's "Clone Wars" was great if you could
watch them all in one sitting as a movie instead of in the
infuriating 5-minute chapters. That idea was so bad it
HAD to have belonged to Lucas. Seen at once, properly
edited "Clone Wars" was better than all three of the
last "Star Wars" movies combined. It had more stories,
more compelling stories, better acting and superb
direction. Genndy Tartakovsky did more for "Star Wars"
in one year than Lucas has done since the final disappointing
minutes of "Return of the Jedi." God I hate Ewoks.

No comments: