If you're like me, and I know I am...

Friday, October 06, 2006

This country is nuts

Five years ago in Columbia, S.C., a 12-year-old boy was
sentenced as an adult to 30 years in prison for setting
fire to his grandparents house. Here is the CNN story.

The boy's lawyer is now trying to get him off claiming
that the Zoloft the court made the kid take intoxicated
him rendering him unable to confess legitimately. Now,
I don't know what makes me more sick: that a lawyer
has to reduce himself to arguing a technicality to get a
17-year-old boy off on a sentence that was obviously too
harsh or that most Americans would take this as another
example of a scheister lawyer trying to work the system
thus missing the big picture.

Only a backwards country like ours would try a 12-year-old
as an adult with a straight face and act like that's justice. I'm
sure the grandparents are up in Heaven thankful that their
rotten little grandson is doing hard time to pay for his crime
against them.

My favorite part of this story is how the prosecution used the
fact that the kid initially lied about setting the house on fire
as proof that he knew what he did was wrong and THAT is
why they tried him as an adult. What a tool.

No comments: