If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shouldn't this building have come crashing down by now?


I'm confused. On 9/11, two of the world's sturdiest
buildings came tumbling down within an hour
of having jets crash into them. Now, with everything
scaled down just so, we have a four-alarm blaze at
the Belaire Condominiums, 524 E. 72nd Street in
New York City, but nothing's come tumbling down
as of yet. Is that because this is what really
happens when planes crash into high rises? Do they
just wobble a bit, burn and keep standing? Still, if
I were the residents of this building I wouldn't set
foot inside until I was damn sure the government
wasn't planning a controlled demolition of the building
just to keep things looking on the up and up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're only hurting your argument here. Buildings and airplanes do not scale down at the same ratio. There is a huge difference between an aluminum big ol' jet airliner and a 4 seat fiberglass plane like the Cirrus SR20...a much bigger difference than btw the WTC and a 50 story apt bldg

Greg Jerrett said...

You're fooling yourself. The WTC shouldn't have come tumbling straight down either. As logical as it may seem for that to happen as well, it shouldn't have happened. Neither should building 7 have simply collapsed a day or two later because a couple of big ol' jet airliners don't make that big of a bang. They didn't even register on the Richter scale, they certainly couldn't make a building NOT hit by planes fall down for no reason, but then that probably seems logical to you too.

Anonymous said...

my opinion of what happened on 9/11 doesn't matter here. i'm just saying that you turn people off to your point when you use a flawed, smartass apples to oranges comparison to back it up.

Greg Jerrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg Jerrett said...

You're right, your opinion doesn't matter. What are you, Bertrand Russell or something? Did you see "New York Times" at the top of this blog? Did you see American Society of Philology on here? If I want to use this blog to utter the occasional emotional ejaculation just because I got a few seconds, I'll do it whenever and wherever I get the chance. At least I put my name on what I say. I can't fucking stand people who post anything anywhere anonymously. They're a bunh of God damn loser pussy trolls.