If you're like me, and I know I am...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Good Night Anne

Poor Anne Bancroft. I always thought she was a
great beauty, even as she got older, she never really
lost her looks. I suspect that is because she had a
real inner beauty. Maybe it was combined with a shitload
of cosmetic surgery. That is not unheard of in Hollywood.
I'm not judging.

But what an actress. I enjoyed her in many
of her roles, but particularly as Annie Sullivan. She
really managed to capture the brilliance, patience
and compassion of one of America's greatest teachers.
It takes greatness to perform like that.

You know, every time someone we are all familiar
with dies, it diminishes us as a group for just a few
days and then we all go on with our lives as though
nothing ever happened. I supposed in the Zen sense
of things, nothing did and nothing ever will. Although in
the Western view of things, existence is a heavy burden
filled with angst and mourning and loss that grows and
grows until we just can't take it any more. Who's right?

The world may never know.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heavy ruminating. Good stuff.
But she only did the collagen thing, NOT, as you allege, anything comparable to a shitload of plastic surgery.
I'm going to stop trolling for obits now and resume studying.
Nice site.
-Madpercolator