If you're like me, and I know I am...

Thursday, June 23, 2005

All You Zombies

Have you ever noticed how most people
you meet don't really listen so much as
they just wait for their turn to talk? It doesn't
matter if anyone gives a fuck what they are
talking about or not, they just have to say it.
I've been sitting with this guy in class who has
now told me three times about how he has his
own router in his house and his gets on the
Internet wirelessly! Yippiee Skippy, Bitch!
I didn't find it fascinating the first time. The second
time, les so. The third time I told him, "I know,
you already told me about this."

Meanwhile, I could be answering someone's
question put directly to me and they can't be bothered
listen to the answer. I've noticed this a lot more in the
last few years. Attention spans are shorter, people are
over-stimulated and boring as fuck themselves. I think
we might actually need a good war to traumatize the
shit out of this nation of zombies. Maybe people would
be a little more attentive if they thought that at any moment
they wer about to have the vast wasteland of their blighted
imaginations sodomized.

No comments: