If you're like me, and I know I am...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Su-su-sushi. Shigo mushi. Sushi!

I had sushi this weekend. I don't want to sound like one of those hipster fucks who says he likes something just because it's cool, but sushi is good. I like pretty much all varieties, too, except for the one with the salmon eggs on top. Those things pop in your mouth and this salty, gooey dna syrup gushes around in your mouth ... I'm pretty open about what I'll consume, but I'll trade these little orange eggs for a nice piece of squid any day.

Some people think eating raw fish is disgusting, but we do it in the Midwest all the time. Pickled herring is not made with cooked fish. Though in all honesty, that's not eaten as commonly as potato chips either.

I'd really like to try sashimi (the actual raw fish part of this feast, sushi refers to the rice) that is prepared just moments after the fish is killed. I'll like to pick out a nice fat tuna an have it killed and plated right in front of me. Yum.

No comments: