If you're like me, and I know I am...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

ATTENTION SANDWICH LOVERS AND FAT BASTARDS EVERYWHERE!!

Jimmy John's now has a location in Omaha at 300 South 72nd Street. I don't know when it opened but I know it wasn't here in 2001 when I looked. Now, I don't get too happy about many sandwich joints. Subway sucks hard and Little King and Blimpie's don't do much for me either. But Jimmy John's doesn't eff around. They start with a good foundation: decent bread. I've said it before and God damn it I'll say it again. Good bread is essential for anything that is bread based. If the bread or "crust" sucks, you can pile on the toppings and they won't be worth eating ... not with the bread any way. They also use the only really good commercially available mayo: Hellman's. Don't EVEN give me that Miracle Whip shit.

So if you read this and live anywhere near a Jimmy John's check 'em out. I recommend the Gargantuan, the Beach Club or even a turkey slim Jim if you're broke or just looking for a snack.



Other sandwich places to try:

Aztlan Restaurant & Billar 2102 Q St
Dundee Dell 5007 Underwood Avenue
Ethnic Sandwich Shop 1438 South 13th Street
Landshire Sandwiches 13430 Giles Road
Lorri's Lunch Box 8410 K Street
Quizno's Classic Subs 4006 North 144th Street
Subia Inc 13362 Chandler Road

No comments: