If you're like me, and I know I am...

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Famous People I've Rubbed Up Against: Seymour Hersh



Seymour Hersh (pictured here daring an intern to
pull his finger) was on the Daily Show tonight.
I met Hersh once when I worked at the Iowa State
Daily. He was a bit of a prick. Came in right at
deadline on a very busy day and got a bit miffed
because no one seemed to know who the hell he was.
Can't say as I blame him. Those kids should have
been better educated or at least better educated
right before he came in.

I knew who he was. Being a bit older than the rest
of the room filled with 18-22 year olds, I was the
only one who had heard of the guy who blew the lid
off the My Lai massacre. The guy smokes like a
chimney so when we were both outsidfer, I offered
him one of my Camels. He declined and bitched about
the kids inside. I told him we were on deadline and
that we took those things very seriously. I also
noted that most of the room is pretty young. Didn't
seem too interested in anything I had to say.
Probably was hoping to get some college strange. I
would be if I were him.

1 comment:

Tim Lundquist said...

Greg -

Have you been able to find a transcript for Hersch's appearance on the Daily Show? If so, email lundti01 at luther.edu