If you're like me, and I know I am...

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Labor issue co-opted by The Man



Clever advertising is not only the Man's way of keeping
us down, but making us think that being down is our own
idea. It is particularly insidious when it's funny.

This commercial from Universal Orlando disguises itself as
"Vacation Advocacy," something the American worker
desperately needs. The Web site it directs you to is
nothing more than a schill. What is sickening to me
is that it uses statistics showing how many more days
per year Europeans take off from work. It claims that
Italians take 45 days while Americans take an average
of 13. I'm sure that's a lie. The truth is the average
American doesn't get to take vacation. The average
American has to use vacation days as sick days. The
average working American works more than one job to
keep from losing their slummy rental home and to keep
starchy processed foods on their table.

No comments: