If you're like me, and I know I am...

Friday, February 25, 2005

I don't have to outrun the bear...


There is this joke about two friends out in the woods
who come across a bear. They hide up a tree to get
away from him. After a while, it becomes obvious that
the bear is not going away. One friend says to the
other that they should make a run for it. The other
friend says, you can't outrun a bear. The first friend
says, I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to
outrun you.

I am amazed by families, real families, not mine. With
real families, it's them against the world because if
they don't have each other, they don't have anything.
My family is more like the first friend. They are so
fucking afraid that the bear is going to get them,
before they even see the bear, they want to figure out
who to sacrifice.

No comments: