If you're like me, and I know I am...

Friday, May 12, 2006

King of the Hill

Funny observation here. No matter where you go, there is always a clique. This makes sense in high school because children are basically animals. But when you get to a Fortune 500 company, you expect something a little different. That is foolishness though. I'm not sure what would go through the minds of a bunch of 20 and 30 something phone monkeys to make them think they are sitting at the cool table, but they certainly do. They have the keys to the social kingdom and they insist on deciding who should and should not be allowed in. It's a fucking joke if I've ever seen one and believe me I have. When you are new, though, you tend to buy into it. Not me. I'll keep to myself and talk to those few people who are enlightened enough to not give a damn about playing king of the very small hill.

No comments: