If you're like me, and I know I am...

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Gore looking better all the time

I state categorically -- and with increasing pride as the years go by -- that I voted for the winning presidential candidate in the 2000 election. My guy just wasn't allowed to take office. I mean Al Gore, of course. Now, I wasn't all that thrilled with Gore when I voted for him, but I was a damn sight more excited about him than Dubya the Decider, the Liar, the Idiot.

Today, I feel even better about my 2000 vote and believe that Al Gore is could be the kind of leader America needs. That could be an illusion though. Any number of men and women COULD be good leaders but fail miserably due to the pressures of holding political office. At least I believe in Gore's basic integrity, intelligence, ethics and morality.

I hope he runs again in 2008 and his book and film "An Inconvenient Truth" are part of the reason why. Look here for what Arianna Huffington has to say on the matter.

No comments: