If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Decade of Pigs

"I grew up in the 80s, so I'm pretty much about Rock n Roll." - some shit I heard
some wanker spout

Really? Because the 80s weren't. Punk, new wave, the end of disco. The 60s and 70s were more about pure rock than the 80s. So fuck off with that ignorance.

I don't know why every asswipe on the planet has to romanticize the 80s. Fuck me for saying so, but the 80s sucked ... hard. We had an actor for president pushing trickle-down laisse faire economics disregarding the laws in the Iran-Contra affair, MTV pushing the lowest common denominator, apartheid ignored, AIDS ignored, increased homelesness, fucking yuppies, the death of caring, the exultation of greed ... the 80s were shit. It was a time for pigs and the only people who think otherwise are people with no meaningful recollection.

No comments: