If you're like me, and I know I am...

Monday, December 12, 2005

A Very Jerrett Christmas

Working on Christmas is bullshit. Even most gas stations should be closed on Christmas so far as I'm concerned. But every year movies open on Christmas because theaters are open on Christmas. Grocery stores are open. Chinese restaurants being open, that I can dig. I had a very good Christmas indeed one year when my mother and sister came to visit me at college on Christmas day. We went to the King Buffet and had a nice long lunch with a few other families who for whatever reason had opted out of the traditional Christmas fare. I suppose it was nice because I hadn't really planned on going home because Christmas is just another excuse for getting seriously depressed. It so rarely meets my incredibly stunted expectations. I'm not looking for a Dickensian experience. I'm not even looking for a Chevy Chase Christmas or a Very Brady Christmas. I just want to have a Very Jerrett Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

king buffet is the best meal in town. . . i wish i could celebrate every christmas there.