If you're like me, and I know I am...

Monday, October 18, 2004

Old people ate my balls!

It's a prime indication of just how fucked up and selfish our society is that when we run short of flu vaccine it is the elderly who are supposed to get it. Whatever happened to hopping on the ice flow for the good of the tribe? Jesus! I'm all sorts of grateful for the many good things old folks have done for us in the past, but shouldn't we be saving limited quantities of flu vaccine for immune compromised ... oh I don't know, what do you call them ... CHILDREN?!

With the armies of old people multiplying outrageously thanks to advances in medicine as well as medicaid, soon everyone under the age of 65 will be nothing more useful to the elderly than soylent green. Why not? Old people vote. If they want to eat us, I don't see how or why anyone would stop them. Politicians would certainly figure out a way for them to at least eat criminals, right? Raise the retirement age, bankrupt society to keep old people in prescriptions and senior centers.

This is evolution working backwards, folks. I don't hate old people but I'd like to see them take one for the team because let's be honest, not all old people served in W.W. II, Korea, Nam or ... the Peace Corps even.


No comments: