If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm gonna miss Rodney Dangerfield

Rodney Dangerfield was a great comedian. He was a schtick warrior, man. He had that whole old school, sweatin' under the lights, I'm this close to bombing but I'm pushing this shit as hard as I can routine that just sold. It was like pure desperation and pure delight had a baby. My buddy, Todd, used to steal Rodney's lines and tell them all day at school like he made them up himself. It was a perfect match really, because he was fucking relentless. He would tell the same jokes over and over again until people laughed just at the sheer insanity of someone trying to get you to laugh at not only someone else's jokes, but the same someone else's jokes day in and day out.

But still, there isn't a guy my age who didn't admire the man in "Caddyshack," "Back to School" and whatever the hell else he was in.

God bless you Rodney!

No comments: