If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voting Raw

You better believe I got out and voted yesterday. It is my
tradition to represent the unwashed masses by treating
my polling station like the I treat the laundromat: as a
place where it doesn't matter if I'm wearing underwear
or not; where it doesn't matter if I showered or not. At
least yesterday I did. And why not? Democracy is not
about elitism, it is about even the lowest among us getting
a chance to cast our ballot.

I enjoyed letting President Bush know what I thought of
his war in Iraq smelling like three day old socks and really
good cheese. My respect for democracy is not diminished by
my desire to practice it dressed for bed. No sir, in my book,
that shows that I might be lazy, but I'm not too lazy to vote.

No comments: