If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OK, Dems, you won, now what?

Imagine my surprise this morning when I found out
that the Republicans had NOT stolen yesterday's
mid-term elections. You could have knocked me
over with a hanging chad. Yesterday's election
was not the overwhelming cry of disapproval I would
have liked to have seen, but after the bitterness of
2000 and 2004, I'll take anything.

Of course, you know who's really got brown trousers
today? The Democrats. Now they have to actually do
something. They started with the excuses as soon as
possible though. "The President sets the international
relations agenda." "We still have to work with the
President." "We can't tell the President what to do."
Why not just admit that you don't intend to do anything?
And by anything, I mean doing what the House does best:
Yak about the war in session. Send resolutions to the White
House. Go on "Meet the Press." Set the freaking agenda
for a change instead of sitting back acting like you have
no choice but to go along with the madding crowd.

Man, how I long for the days of FDR. Now THAT was
a Democrat. He ushered us through the Great Depression
and World War II all from a wheelchair. All while his
health went down the drain. No excuses.

No comments: