If you're like me, and I know I am...

Monday, January 16, 2006

The freelancer takes a wife ... sucker!

I needs to pump up my freelance writing career. All the freelaners I know ... and I do mean ALL ... have a wife or husband with a full-time gig to support their asses through the down periods. I'll be God-damned if I get a wife any time soon even though the prospect of having someone around who would be supportive enough (or stupid enough) to allow me to have an uneven income while they punch a clock, bring home the bacon AND the insurance is pretty sweet.

I figure so long as I make enough to keep me mobile, not starving and in meds, I'll be OK. Of course, what I'd really like to be when I grow up is a pimp. With gold teeth and a whole stable full of bitches. Either that or a coke mule.

No comments: