If you're like me, and I know I am...

Friday, February 02, 2007

50-year-old dead white baby makes Florida police weepy

It never ceases to amaze me how concerned the authorities
get over human life when it is terribly abstract. Here's a
story
about a dead baby found in a suitcase that has police
pining on about the sanctity of life.

Meanwhile, here's another story about some cops in Kansas City
who hauled a miscarrying pregnant woman off to jail when
she was heard to be begging for medical attention.

I don't know which story makes me more sick. If baby no. 1 was
black or Latino, I'm sure the cops would be talking about finding the
kids killers and punishing the hell out of them for ... at the very least ...
improper disposal of a corpse. I guess it just doesn't pay to be
not white in America.

No comments: