If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Love means never having to say you're crazy as a shithouse rat


Astronaut Lisa Nowak, setting women back light years with her crazy shit


And the winner if the category of Craziest
Fucking Thing I've Ever Heard is astroNUT
Lisa Nowak. Love has made me do some pretty
crazy shit, too, so I can't be totally judgeMENTAL,
but even I have drawn the line at wearing
adult diapers to prolong my stalking behavior.
But then I've never tried to drive 900 miles without
stopping so I could kill someone with a meat mallet,
a pellet gun and some mace.

Maybe I just don't know what love IS?

Love makes a lot of people crazy, but then a lot of
people are just crazy to start with. Also, a lot of people
aren't space shuttle astronauts who go through extensive
psychological testing to make sure they don't freak out
under extreme pressure. I would define love as extreme
bullshit, but not extreme pressure. In fact, it's about as
run-of-the-mill as any cliche can be. "He doesn't love me?"
"He's fucking someone else?" "He won't leave his wife and
kids?" Get over it. Stop what you're doing. Take a deep
breath and deal with it. What a humilating week it's gonna
be for NASA. They don't need this crap. It's hard enough
to convince Joe Sixpack of the value of space-based research
without one of NASA's most highly trained professionals
going Basic Instinct on the national stage.

My God, the craziest thing I ever did because love made
me do it was make a scene once at work that got me sent
home early. I felt bad enough about that. But then I was like
24 at the time and working in a telemarketing hellhole and going
through some severe mental trauma on the side. If I could have
sat back and said, "Fuck her, I'm an astronaut" I think I could
have dealt with the pain of unrequited love. Oh yeah.

No comments: