If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Moussaoui's fate is just not worth caring about

I don't know, any more it seems like 'what's the point?' This Moussaoui guy is like the 2 Live Crew of criminals. He just doesn't seem like he's worth getting worked up for either way. He sucks and kind of deserves whatever he gets not because I'm in favor of the death penalty or even because this once I'd like to seem this guy die but then I'd go back to being opposed to the death penalty. You see that sometimes and this isn't one of those times.

Tis probably just low blood sugar talking, but with this guy, I just don't care in the same way I just don't care about these Asian beetles that look like Ladybugs but apparently aren't. I don't like them, but they don't really bother me. They are a pain in the ass sometimes and if they disappear it's OK, but I'm not wasting any time or money on RAID just for them.

I don't care if he's foreign one way or he other, I don't his guilt or innocence matters, I'm not blood-thirsty or hoping that he lives.

I AM all in favor of due process for the detainees in GITMO, I am opposed to the war in Iraq on general principles, it wasn't handled well, but we're stuck, I know that abuses have taken place in America and at Abu Ghraib that make me sick, I don't want to see Muslim women abused and restricted against their will (cause some say they dig the whole thing so live and let live), I'm pretty much a leftie and an independent one at that. No pre-fab, knee jerk passions for me, but let's be honest, I will agree with the vast majority of left wing platforms because that is really how I feel and if I didn't feel that way I'd be a right winger.

I'm not out for revenge or forgiveness for 9/11. I wont be satisied if he dies nor will I be satified if he lives in pain nor will I be happy if he goes free to get married and have kids and work at my local WalMart store. I am not particularly amused by the debate. But that's always the case.

I think maybe it's that I know there is no point in arguing this. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen and the only thing that will make America a little less nasty right now, is if we on the left just ignore this one case and let anyone of any faith or creed, including fellow lefties, have this guys head or let him go as they see fit.

It's like Cujo. Cujo was nasty and scary and whether he deserved to die or not, it was gonna happen because that is just what history has shown us happens to rabid dogs. And I don't even mean that to sound judgmental. If you don't kill him, someone else will because you know he kind of wants it at the same time. The only reason not to kill him is so no one gets all martyrish about him. But I dont even think they will, he's kind of a fuck up and if they do, I don't care about that either. That just makes us look better because our martyrs are usually killed doing SOMETHING, not getting killed after they failed.

Give me a retarded minor who doesn't know what's going on to defend JUST ONCE in my life. Even Ted Bundy was easier to root for than Moussaoui and that pretty boy made me physically ill.

I know that nothing I say for or against this will make a difference. It feels like fate to me. Logic has nothing to do with it. Caring can't even make you feel morally superior in this case and that feeling is the basis for all logic that cmes from it. If you dindt feel good about your logic, you wouldnt believe that your logic was in fact logical. It's a catch-22.

I could get worked up for Leonard Peltier, over the Congo, the Middle East, Putin being a dick, Israeli expansionism, Palestinian violence, the war on drugs, reinstating the death penalty in Iowa, the new speed limit, fast food, corrupt politicians ... it's all inevitable and pointless to some extent, but still worth getting involved in.

Moussaoui just needs to be erased somehow. Maybe a lobotomy (for him or us)would satisfy everyone.

No comments: