If you're like me, and I know I am...

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Intro to Bobo-1

Here's a story from my college years.

The summer after Kirk left, Pete and I knew we needed to find either a place to ourselves or roommates.

Pete worked with a guy named Joe Burroughs at Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs whose brother Tom went to ISU and was looking for a couple of people to move in with him and his buddy Pete Schnoebelen.

This was a year full of mystery and suspense. Pot and pussy. TV and temper tantrums. Love, hate, laughter and bitter recriminations.

First off, I was finally 21 and ready to do some damage.

Secondly, Tom was a fucking slob from hell. He was 6'4", 400 pounds of worthless fucking, do nothing lazy-assed CB-style grease stain who, after acing every year of high school getting 4.0ed and honor rolled, suddenly lost all initiative to do anything but watch TV and sleep because his mommy and daddy weren't there to kick his ass out of bed every morning. We didn't even have cable, so what he watched until 2 a.m. is a mystery to me.

He was a no class goin' vet-med wannabe, stripper lovin',"Quincy" watching, 12 hours on his ass, sleep til three, fartin' in his sleep, guinea pig killin', teflon pan burning, wart soakin', no dish washing, purple lounge chair destroyin' so and so! Oh and his nickname was Bobo.

No comments: