If you're like me, and I know I am...

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The air in a bag of chips has a purpose

I was talking to this stupid piece of detritus today at work who was complaining about how much air there is in a bag of chips.
 
"Like when you go to the store and buy Ruffles and get them home and open them up, like half the bag is empty. It's all air. What a rip off!"
 
It really just doesn't occur to some people that the air in a bag of chips is there to make sure that your bag of chips aren't a bag ful of potato  crumbs by the time they get to you. All that air turns a bag of chips into a fluffy pillow that helps protect the chips. That air has a raison d'etre unlike most bimbos I know.
 
Now, I don't mind so much that a lot of people don't get that right away, becuase, let's face it, who thinks about this stuff at all? But by the time the thought gets halfway to your inbred lips, you think you'd have it figured out. But to actually go on bitching about something this inane like you just discovered the root of evil is beyond me. If people put a tenth of the effort into fixing the world, we wouldn't be knee deep in shit all the time.  


Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

No comments: